Pastor Tim & Latrice
Living Water Ministries began with a hand full of people, called of God to do His work. The vision of God’s call to work has been clear from the beginning: to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, to minister to the sick, the wounded of heart, the poor and afflicted, to be an instrument of God in bringing unity and harmony in the body of Christ in our community and to provide a place of refreshment and ministry to pastors and other ministers of God and to be a house of prayer. It has always been our heart and our call to first and foremost minister to God and touch his heart, sending a sweet aroma up before His throne.
In July of 1984, Living Water Ministries began renting a storefront building on Main Street and started giving out clothing and food to the needy, as well as holding a Bible study on Friday nights. In February of 1985 we held our first Sunday morning service and in March of that year purchased the building we had been renting. By the spring of 1988 our congregation was out growing the facilities, so we purchased a three acre tract of land on the north end of Eolia and built a 7500 sq. foot church building on it. During this time we sold our storefront building and a church that had been struggling in a neighboring town dissolved and joined us.
Since then we have experienced times of refreshing from the Lord and times of warfare. Times of faith building and times that have tried our faith but God has always been there and has never forsaken us. Founding pastor Gene Nothaker went home to be with the Lord on Jan. 30, 2005 and pastor Tim Nothaker his son was set in as pastor shortly after. God is moving like He has never moved before and doing things that He has promised for years. Things that He promised to pastor Gene and Anna and the hand full of people who started the church are coming to pass and God is doing it in a way that only He will get the glory and honor and He is doing it through the body of the Church. It is exciting to see the hand of God moving and know that the next 30 years will be better than the last.
Sunday - Adult Bible Study 9am
Church Service 10:00am
Wed. Prayer 8:30am
First Fridays - Worship 7pm
1. We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writing, and is the only infallible rule of faith and practice. Timothy 3:16
2. We believe in one God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19, Genesis 1:26
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and is true God and true man. Matthew 1:18-23
4. We believe in the deity and personality of the Holy Spirit. Acts 5:3,4
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature. Genesis 1:26, 27; Genesis 3:1-9; Romans 2:23
6. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures in voluntary substitution of Himself in the sinner's place, and that all who believe in and receive Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood, are born of the Holy Spirit and thereby become the children of God, and are kept by Him unto eternal life. John 10:17, 18
7. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present position there for us as High Priest and Advocate. Acts 2:22-24; Acts 1:9-11; Hebrews 5:5, 6
8. We believe in the personal, visible, premillennial return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Acts 1:10, 11; 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3
9. We believe that the Holy Spirit convicts the sinner and that He indwells, guides, instructs, fills and empowers the believer. John 16: 8-11; Romans 8:9; John 14:26
10. We believe that the baptism of the Holy Spirit is given by Christ as a second blessing with the evidence of gifts according to 1 Corinthians 12; John 1:23, 24
11. We believe that the church consists of all those who have believed in the Lord Jesus Christ and are renewed by the Holy Spirit. Romans 10:9-13
12. We believe that the local church is a group of baptized (immersed) believers who meet together regularly for fellowship, prayer, and edification; and that water baptism and the Lord's Supper are ordinances to be observed by the church during this present age, but that they are not to be regarded as a means of salvation. Acts 2:38-47
13. We believe the mission of the church is to go into all the world, to make disciples of all the nations, and to teach them to do all things which He has commanded in His Word. Mark 16:15-18
14. We believe in the reality and personality of Satan. 1 Peter 5:8
15. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, the eternal life of the saved and the eternal separation from God and conscious punishment of the lost. Revelation 20:11-15; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18